I actually used yarn and prewrapped it on tagboard so it wouldn't get all tangled up.
- Click here to print out the Easter basket template.
- Trace the template onto the poster board square and cut it out.
- Tie a knot at the end of 1 fabric strip and pull the knot between 2 panels of the base (B).
- Weave the strip alternately over and under the panels (B and C). Glue the unknotted end of the fabric strip to the base.
- Knot the end of each new strip and tuck the knot under an unglued section of a previously woven strip. After 3 or 4 strips are completed, gently fold the basket panels up so they begin coming together (C) to form a widemouthed basket (D). Tip: Don't squeeze the sides in too tightly as you work, or the basket will become too narrow at the top.
- If necessary, use a dab or two of tacky glue to secure the fabric to the poster board, especially around the top. Let it dry.
- Trim any excess poster board at the top, making sure there's still enough to support the topmost fabric strip.
- Line the basket with straw or grass. Add eggs!
- Then when they were finished I trimmed the top and hot glued a piece of ribbon along the top and a piece for the handle.
The kids loved them, but I will definitely start way ahead next year!!
Another fun thing today is a little game of tag and I am it!! Ms. T from Journey of A Substitute Teacher has tagged me.
Here Are The rules:
* Post these rules
* Answer the 10 questions that the tagger posted for you
* Create 10 questions of your own to ask the people that you're about to tag
* Tag 10 people and link them with your post (and let them know they've been tagged!)
Here are her questions:
1. If you could teach any grade what would it be?
Well I am pretty happy in 2nd grade but 3rd or 4th would be fun too:)
2. What is the one thing you couldn't live without in your classroom?
My cup of coffee in the morning ;)
3. What's one thing you need in your classroom?
4. What's your favorite school lunch?
Kalua Pork and Cabbage served with pineapple is my favorite!
5. Do you have a favorite tv show?
I have not actually had cable tv in 5 years so I don't have regular television, but I have been watching Smash and The Voice on Hulu:)
6. Do you have writers's block as a blogger sometimes?
Actually since I just started blogging I have so many things I want to share
but not enough time to do it!!
7. What talent you would like to be able to do?
I taught myself to play the ukulele and I love it. I just
really, really wish I could sing and play and not have people run away!!
8. Who's your favorite musician/group right now?
Gosh I have so many, I listen to all genres and I have Pandora so
whatever I'm in the mood for, but I'm pretty pop oriented-Maroon 5,
Adele, Jack Johnson
9. Best teaching moment ever?
I just love those moments when you have a struggling learner
and the light bulb finally comes on and their little faces
light up when they say "Oh, I get it!!"
10. Any funny sayings or happenings that happened in your class this week yet?
I think it is so funny when kids say "This is the best day ever!" everyday!!
I heard it alot this week;)
Whew, this is a long post!!
And now I have tagged these 10 blogs:
Here are your questions:
1. What is your favorite sweet treat?
2. What other profession besides teaching did you aspire to?
3. What talent do you possess that not many people know about?
4. Who is a celebrity that you would love to meet?
5. What inspired you to become a teacher?
6. If you could do a Teacher Exchange program for a year, where would
you want to teach?
7. What is your favorite pair of school shoes?
8. What are your top 3 favorite places to shop?
9. What is the funniest thing that has ever happened to you
10. How/Why did you get into blogging?
Whew!!! I bet your exhausted after reading this!!
I look forward to seeing all of your answers:)